Data Protection Officer Service (DPOaaS)
Outsource the role of data protection officer with us and get the immediate expertise you need
COST EFFECTIVE | HIGHLY EXPERIENCED | FLEXIBLE RESOURCE | REGISTER AS YOUR DPO
WHAT IS IT?
Outsourced DPO as a service is fast becoming the preferred staffing method to quickly cover the data protection officer role on a short to medium term basis for organisations.
Our DPO service has proven to be an ideal solution for companies needing to cover their compliance obligations when staffing challenges arise. Whether you’re hiring a DPO for the first time, looking for a replacement or supplementing existing resources, our clients can avoid coverage gaps caused by often lengthy recruitment processes for permanent staff. Whatever your situation or business driver, we can help. We provide support for all areas of a DPO’s roles and responsibilities including policy documentation, SAR support, DPIA’s, security and privacy architecture reviews, research, reporting, vendor assessments, incident response, training, PIMS program development, formal registration as your DPO and more.
Our service offering doesn’t stop there, as part of our strong governance approach to data privacy, we will deliver a privacy management plan (PMP) and monthly privacy action plan (PAP) for strategic and operational deliverables with mappings to ISO 27701. Both plans feature monthly progress reports with KPI’s which can be shared with teams and senior management as evidence of actioned items and upcoming deadlines.
We will perform a privacy checkup on all your related policies and supporting documentation, record issues in the privacy action plan and close any gaps. In addtion, we will setup a privacy metrics dashboard (see more benefits section below) to track privacy KPI’s on an ongoing basis to ensure continual compliance and increase privacy maturity levels.
WHAT IS IT?
DPO as a service (DPOaaS) is fast becoming the preferred staffing method to quickly cover the data protection officer role on a short term basis for organisations.
Our DPO service has proven to be an ideal solution for companies needing to cover their compliance obligations when staffing challenges arise. Whether you’re backfilling vacant roles or simply wanting to get immediate help while looking for permanent staff in an often lengthy recruitment process. Whatever your situation or business driver, we can help.
WHY IT MIGHT BE A FIT FOR YOU!
Many firms find it difficult to fully justify the need or cost of a full time DPO while others may need interim coverage while a new or replacement DPO is hired in or trained up internally. Finding an available resource can also pose difficulties when one considers skills shortages and the getting the right blend of skillset. Necessary skills which might often seem as actual multiple roles wrapped into one when you consider the necessary technical savvy, security architecture knowledge, legal understanding, independent thinking, experience and the ability to communicate risk to the senior management level.
At Carlton we like to think we’re a good fit for many organisations while maintaining affordability, flexibility and forward momentum with GDPR compliance.
Outsourcing the DPO roles & responsibilities to us will help you get immediate support from a qualified expert
We can formally register as your DPO with the Data Protection Commission
Our comprehensive KRI dashboard reporting, ops & strategic action plans give you greater visibility and chances of continual full compliance
We can help you train up full time candidates for a permanent position
Using an external DPO will help you meet independent, impartial requirements of the role as defined by GDPR
Our service provides the necessary legal, technical, program management skills to drive sustainable compliance success
We can deliver a company wide GDPR awareness training program
We can assist with vendor / processor audits to limit your third party risk.
WHEN DO YOU NEED A DPO?
The DPO role is defined in GDPR under Article 37(1)(b) and in the EDPB guidelines for appointing a DPO. Statutorily they are required to;
- Inform and advise you and your employees about your obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- To monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, and with your data protection polices, including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- To advise on, and to monitor, data protection impact assessments;
- To cooperate with the supervisory authority; and to be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc)
The DPO can be a full time person or contractor who should have an expert level of legal knowledge, be independent and have direct reporting to the board.
WHAT TASKS DO WE COVER!
The tasks we cover in the role of a data protection officer are extensive as the position demands. An example of 10 key tasks we can help with include;
- Register as your data protection officer of record for formal contact with the data protection commission
- Help you attain ISO27701 privacy information management certification
- Provide targeted training or staff (HR / Marketing / AppDev etc)
- Perform Privacy impact assessments (PIA’s) on data processing systems
- Maintenance of records of processing activities (ROPA’s), risk register privacy risks
- Handle data subject access requests (DSAR’s) and complaints
- Perform data mapping to scan for personal data (PII and Sensitive PII) on a regular basis
- Manage privacy related incidents and breach notifications
- Advise stakeholders on legislative changes and privacy framework updates
- Assist AppDev teams in complying with privacy by design and secure coding practices.
A key deliverable of our service is reporting. Below is an example of a privacy metrics dashboard we are always happy to create for our clients. These types of monthly reports are particularly useful in demonstrating to senior management that privacy programs are being well monitored and as evidence of continuous improvement.
“We hired Paul as our interim data protection officer last year and fount that he had all round experience across a range of verticals and brought his knowledge and understanding of this critically important area to the benefit of our business. We are very happy with the project undertaken and the results will have lasting impact on our business. We look forward to working closely with them on other projects and are delighted to recommend him to other companies.”
DPO Solutions provided us with an excellent data protection officer service and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to others.